Wednesday, March 25, 2009

SEEDS ARE GROWING


All the seeds are prospering in my green room including these peppers which will be ready to plant in the garden around about May 15. Early cole crops, in my case broccoli, cabbage, kale and cauliflower are beginning to be hardened-off. These cool season veggies sat out of doors for 2 hours today, basking in the sun.
I took advantage of this sunny afternoon to fertilize my Alliums, Globemasters, A. christophii with a 10-10-10 plus a sprinkling of bonemeal.
Mary Sue Colaizzi

CORRECTION

“Those aren’t green peppers!” I have always promoted adequate marking of seeds because many look alike immediately after germination. Well, peppers don’t. They have pointy little first leaves. Unfortunately, I couldn’t snap a picture of new green pepper seedlings as they have already sprouted their second leaves.

In my defense, the popsicle stick marker was marked G. P. Could it have been geraniums, pink? My system needs a little fine tuning or bigger popsicle sticks that accommodate more than initials.

Thanks you, Anna. It's good to see that this blog is getting read!


No comments: